The injury lawyers at Laffey, Bucci & Kent created this library for the injured and their families to find answers to some of their legal questions. The articles below are only for information only. Prior to making any decisions about your case, it is vital to contact an experienced, knowledgeable lawyer.
- College Student Housing and Apartments – Landlord Liability for Injuries & Accidents in Pennsylvania & New Jersey (September 14, 2017) Are landlords liable when a college student is injured in an off-campus house or apartment? Under Pennsylvania and New Jersey law, landlords may be liable for injuries to college students and their guests.
- Injured at Work in Pennsylvania or New Jersey? Time is Not On Your Side (July 26, 2018) Workers injured in on the job accidents in Pennsylvania or New Jersey should know that time is not on their side. Failure to exercise legal rights within applicable time limits and deadlines can result in major financial losses including workers’ comp benefits and compensation via a work accident lawsuit.
- Horsing Around at Work & Work Injuries in Pennsylvania or New Jersey (July 11, 2018) Conceptually, there are two ways to consider how horsing around at work affects work injury compensation. First, there’s the issue of eligibility for workers’ comp benefits. When horsing around at work leads to a work accident and injury, does this affect the ability to get workers’ comp benefits? Second, there’s the issue of whether horsing …
- New Jersey Work Injuries & Accidents – What is Pain & Suffering? (June 4, 2018) What is included in pain and suffering damages claims in New Jersey work accident cases? NJ law allows for compensation for disability or impairment, loss of enjoyment of life, and physical or mental pain caused by a work accident.
- Doctor Arrested for Sexual Assault of Patient During Treatment (July 25, 2018) A doctor in Louisiana was arrested earlier this month after a patient secretly recorded the doctor during a treatment session. The video captured the alleged acts of sexual abuse. The patient alleges that during a prior visit, the doctor made inappropriate sexual advances, thus prompting the patient to set up her cell phone camera on …
- Guy D’Andrea Quoted in LA Times Article on GYN Sex Abuse Case at the University of Southern California (June 27, 2018) Laffey, Bucci & Kent attorney Guy D’Andrea interviewed and quoted in LA Times article on the USC gynecologist sex assault case. Guy represents victims of sex assault and abuse.
- Pennsylvania Business & Store Liability Law – Evidence of Negligence (July 6, 2018) Proof of negligence is key in injury lawsuits against Pennsylvania stores or businesses. Evidence usually includes video, pictures, internal reports, maintenance records, etc.
- Pennsylvania Law: Business Liability for Accidents & Injuries (June 21, 2018) A look at when Pennsylvania businesses and stores can be held liable for an accident or injury that occurs on the premises. The key is sufficient evidence of negligence or fault. Did the store itself create the defect? Did it know about the defect but fail to take action? Do the circumstances show that the …
- I fell at a store in Philadelphia and broke my wrist. Is the store liable for my bills and pain and suffering? (April 25, 2018) A store in Pennsylvania can be held liable for an unreasonably dangerous condition on the premises. In order to win, the injured party has to prove the nature of the defect and how it caused the accident. Learn more about proving the facts and liability.
- Pennsylvania Medical Malpractice Lawsuits – Costs for the Initial Evaluation (October 25, 2017) When evaluating a PA medical malpractice case against a hospital, doctor or surgeon, the extent of the injuries and damages must first be assessed. If the injuries are serious enough, the case would warrant proceeding to the next phase – hiring a medical expert to review the case.
- Medical Errors in Pennsylvania – 2016 Info on Serious Harm Events, Incidents and More(June 13, 2017) While patient deaths due to medical errors appears to be down in PA, the number of near-misses and medication errors due to technology are increasing. Here, our PA medical error injury lawyer takes a look at 2016 data.
- Hospital & Medical Negligence or Misdiagnosis as a Factor in Sepsis Infections (November 8, 2016) Medical or hospital negligence can lead to misdiagnosis of an infection. Sepsis is a emergency medical condition that can lead to death if not treated properly.
If you or a loved one was seriously injured in an accident contact our experienced, top rated injury lawyers for a free, confidential consultation. Our lawyers are licensed in multiple states including Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey or New York. We also handle cases nationwide. 215.399.9255/800.220.7600