Forklift Accident Prevention
Forklift accidents commonly occur in factories and other industrial settings such as warehouses and docks or piers. Whether a forklift overturn or forklift strike case, these kinds of accidents often end in fatalities or at the very least, serious injuries like crush or amputation injuries.
The reality is that forklift accidents are almost always 100% preventable. Proper safety training tends to be the number one factor in forklift accident prevention.
Below are safety tips to avoid forklift accidents in industrial settings:
- Use caution especially in low visibility conditions. Spotters, rear view mirrors, lights, horns, etc. can prevent an accident.
- Do not speed. Drive slowly when entering and exiting buildings. Also, going from outdoors to an indoor, dark building can require an adjustment period for the eyes.
- Park in designated areas. Do not park in high traffic areas.
- Use caution on loading docks; stay away from the edge. Use spotters when operating a forklift on a loading dock.
- Slow down and sound the horn at cross aisles and other locations where vision is obstructed.
- Use lights/horn when reversing.
Pennsylvania & New Jersey Forklift Accident Law Firm
To submit your case for review by our PA and NJ forklift work accident lawyers, call Click To Call. Our lawyers are available for a free, no obligation legal consultation, and may obtain special admission in other states, such as New York or Delaware, on a case by case basis.
Our forklift accident attorneys serve injured workers in the following areas: Allegheny County, PA; Berks County, PA; Bucks County, PA; Chester County, PA; Delaware County, PA; Lehigh County, PA; Montgomery County, PA; Northampton County, PA: Philadelphia County, PA; Atlantic County, NJ; Burlington County, NJ; Camden County, NJ; Cumberland County, NJ; Gloucester County, NJ; Salem County, NJ; New Castle County, DE; Kent County, DE; Atlantic City, NJ; Philadelphia, PA; Pittsburgh, PA; Newark, NJ; Doylestown, PA; Media, PA; West Chester, PA; Norristown, PA; Camden, NJ; Wilmington, DE; Newark, DE; Georgetown, DE; and New Castle, DE.
**This website does not provide legal advice. Every case is unique and it is crucial to get a qualified, expert legal opinion prior to making any decisions about your case. See the full disclaimer at the bottom of this page.