- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Jill is a skilled criminal and civil trial lawyer with valuable litigation experience.
Jill is an Associate Attorney for the firm’s Crime Victims team, where she regularly handles cases involving sexual and physical assaults in institutional settings including boarding schools, residential treatment facilities, hospitals, universities, sports organizations, day care centers, and churches.
Prior to joining Laffey, Bucci, & Kent, Jill served as Assistant District Attorney in the Major Felonies Unit at the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office. Over her six-year career with the DA’s Office, Jill handled a wide variety of cases including domestic violence, aggravated assault, intimidation, and gun-point robberies.
Her career at the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office included work in the Legislation and Policy Unit, where she collaborated with policymakers in Harrisburg on legal reforms aimed at making the Commonwealth safer. She was later critically involved in the re-launching of the Office’s Conviction Review Unit.
With a strong background in mental health, Jill holds a B.A. in Psychology from the University of Pennsylvania and previously worked for the Philadelphia Veteran Affairs Medical Center as a Behavioral Health Liaison. In that role, Jill worked to assess and coordinate mental health care for our veterans suffering from depression, anxiety, addiction, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
Jill is a 2018 graduate of the James E. Beasley School of Law at Temple University. During her time at Temple, Jill was a two-time Barrister’s Award Winner, twice recognized for Outstanding Oral Advocacy, and the 2018 TASA Prize for Excellence in Evidence recipient.
She is a member of the American Association for Justice, the National Crime Victim Bar Association, the Trial Lawyers for Public Justice and the Pennsylvania Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer – Rising Star (2022)
- Two-time Barrister’s Award Winner for Outstanding Oral Advocacy
- TASA Prize for Excellence in Evidence, 2018 Recipient
- University of Pennsylvania Women’s Lacrosse Team, Mentor (2010-present)
- Headstrong Foundation, Youth Lacrosse Coach
- American Association for Justice
- National Crime Victim Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice
- Juris Doctor Cum Laude, 2018
- James E. Beasley School of Law at Temple University
- Bachelor of Arts, 2010
- University of Pennsylvania