- Email email@example.com
Jill Roth is an Associate Attorney for the firm’s Crime Victims team. Jill is a 2018 graduate of the James E. Beasley School of Law at Temple University. During her time at Temple, Jill was a two-time Barrister’s Award Winner, twice recognized for Outstanding Oral Advocacy, and the 2018 TASA Prize for Excellence in Evidence recipient.
Jill joins Laffey Bucci Kent after a six-year career at the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office, where she most recently served an Assistant District Attorney in the Major Felonies Unit. As an ADA, Jill handled a wide variety of cases. In particular, Jill litigated a number of cases involving victims of domestic violence, aggravated assault, intimidation, and gun-point robberies. She also handled dozens of DUI, firearm and narcotics cases. Prior to becoming an ADA, Jill’s career at the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office included work in the Legislation and Policy Unit, where she collaborated with policymakers in Harrisburg on legal reforms aimed at making the Commonwealth safer. She was later critically involved in the re-launching of the Office’s Conviction Review Unit.
Jill also has a background in mental health. She holds a B.A. in Psychology from the University of Pennsylvania and previously worked for the Philadelphia Veteran Affairs Medical Center as a Behavioral Health Liaison. In that role, Jill worked to assess and coordinate mental health care for our veterans suffering from depression, anxiety, addiction, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
In her spare time, Jill serves as a mentor to the University of Pennsylvania Women’s Lacrosse Team, coaches youth lacrosse, and enjoys traveling with her family.
Areas of Practice
- Two-time Barrister’s Award Winner for Outstanding Oral Advocacy
- TASA Prize for Excellence in Evidence, 2018 Recipient
- University of Pennsylvania Women’s Lacrosse Team, Mentor (2010-present)
- Headstrong Foundation, Youth Lacrosse Coach
- American Association for Justice
- National Crime Victim Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice
- Juris Doctor Cum Laude, 2018
- James E. Beasley School of Law at Temple University
- Bachelor of Arts, 2010
- University of Pennsylvania