- Phone(866) 641-0806
Firm founder with proven track record of advocating for victims of construction and work injuries and winning multi-million-dollar settlements.
Over the course of his career, Pennsylvania and New Jersey workplace and construction accident lawyer, Jeff Laffey, has won multi-million-dollar recoveries on behalf of hundreds of injured union construction workers from all trades – including carpenters, plumbers, electricians, cement masons, ironworkers, laborers, and operating engineers.
Jeff is passionate about protecting the legal rights of injured union workers and their families. This is due in no small part to his loyalty to his roots. The proud son of a union carpenter, Jeff finds himself fortunate to be in a position to help workers and their families who come into harm’s way through no fault of their own. He considers himself a “blue collar guy with a blue-collar approach to the practice of law,” and stands firm in the belief that the true mark of a great attorney is always putting the client first and always leveling with the client.
Jeff serves frequently as a guest lecturer at various construction trade events on workplace safety issues. He earned his bachelor’s degree from St. Joseph’s University, his law degree from Villanova Law School, and his master’s degree in trial advocacy from James E. Beasley School of Law at Temple University. He has been recognized year after year by Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and by the National Trial Lawyers Association as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Pennsylvania. He also has been named among the Nation’s Top One Percent by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel.
Jeff is a member of the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, and Trial Lawyers for Public Justice. To hear more about Jeff’s background and Laffey, Bucci & Kent, listen to Jeff’s appearance on American Justice Radio Network.
Recent Case Results
- $15 million settlement for a worker involved in an industrial accident
- $12.7 million for workers injured in the collapse of scaffolding during construction of the Kimmel Center
- $9 million recovery for severe spinal chord injury in motor vehicle accident
- $2.5 million for a union carpenter who fell 6 feet at a construction site due to a defective body harness
- $2.5 million jury verdict for a union carpenter who fell through scaffolding
- $1.1 million judgement against a fraternity for negligently serving alcohol which resulted in a stabbing assault of two frat party attendees
- Click here for more case results.
- Workplace Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Victims of Crime
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Car/Truck Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer (2013-2022)
- National Trial Lawyers Association – Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Pennsylvania (2011-2015)
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel – Nation’s Top One Percent (2015)
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer – Rising Star (2005-2012 *no publication in 2009)
- WWDB-AM Talk 860 American Justice Radio Network, June, 2019
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice
- Masters Degree in Trial Advocacy, 2005, With Honors
- James E. Beasley School of Law
- Temple University
- Juris Doctor, 1998
- Villanova Law School
- Bachelor of Arts, 1995
- St. Joseph’s University
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania