- Phone(215) 558-3920
An experienced civil and criminal trial attorney, Brian Lafferty has represented thousands of plaintiffs in personal injury cases.
Brian regularly handles all types of motor vehicle accidents, premises liability, workers’ compensation, social security disability, and insurance bad faith cases. His reputation as a proactive, aggressive and unrelenting courtroom lawyer is the result of his extensive experience litigating and taking many cases to jury verdict for clients throughout the region.
Prior to joining Laffey, Bucci and Kent, Brian managed his own law office for four years. Before that, he gained wide-ranging experience working at several law firms in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Brian earned his law degree from Rutgers University School of Law-Camden. During this time, he participated in an externship with the Philadelphia District Attorney, and internships with the Camden County prosecutor and public defender. Additionally, Brian served as treasurer for a chapter of the American Bar Association.
Brian earned a bachelor’s degree from Kutztown University in secondary education with a concentration in history and was recognized on the Dean’s List. Brian is proud to have participated in Golden Bears Rugby from 1995 to 1999. In addition, he was a member of the Phi Alpha Theta national history fraternity and the History Club.
Currently, Brian is a member of the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, the American Association for Justice and the American Bar Association.
He is licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania and New Jersey and is admitted to practice in the United States District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania as well as the District of New Jersey.
Recent Case Results
- $900,000 jury verdict for a 40-year-old Philadelphia woman with limited tort insurance who suffered serious injury in a motor vehicle accident
- $480,320 settlement for a 46-year-old New Jersey man who suffered serious injury in a motor vehicle accident at the New Jersey shore
- $478,650 settlement for a 67-year-old New Jersey man who suffered serious injury in a motor vehicle accident on the Atlantic City Expressway
- $325,000 settlement for a 69-year old Pennsylvania man who suffered serious injury in a motor vehicle accident while in his work truck
- Six figure recovery for a 49-year-old Pennsylvania man who suffered serious injury when he was rear ended on a Pennsylvania highway
- Six figure recovery for a 27-year-old Philadelphia man who suffered serious injury while he was a pedestrian and was struck by a vehicle while crossing a Philadelphia street
- Click here for more case results.
Areas of Practice
- American Bar Association Chapter Treasurer, 2002 to 2004
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Juris Doctor, 2004
- Rutgers University School of Law-Camden
- Bachelor’s degree, 1999
- Kutztown University
- New Jersey
- United States District Court: Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- The District of New Jersey