Recent Accident & Injury Law Articles
The following articles are brought to you by the injury and accident lawyers at Laffey, Bucci & Kent. With offices in 4 states, the firm is uniquely positioned to represent clients throughout the greater Northeast area, including Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and Delaware.
Workplace Accidents/Construction Accidents
Our work injury lawyers have recovered millions for workers injured in workplace fall accidents, equipment accidents, construction site accidents, etc. One of the most important factors in the success of a case is legal expertise in developing evidence to prove negligence against non-employer parties.
- Electric Accidents at Work – Can You Get Financial Compensation? (October 17th, 2017) Injured workers get compensated for an electric accident at work. In some cases, an employer can be held liable, and the injured worker can receive compensation for medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering.
- Silica Exposure OSHA Rule Changes – Enforcement Begins September 23, 2017 (Construction) (September 26th, 2017) OSHA has lowered the allowable amount of silica exposure at work. Enforcement for the construction industry started Sep. 2017. The Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL) is now 50 micrograms per cubic meter of air, averaged over an 8 hour shift.
- Insurance Claims for Work Injuries & Job Accidents in Pennsylvania and New Jersey (September 06th, 2017) Learn about insurance claims in work accident injury cases in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Who can make an insurance claim for a work injury? How is an insurance claim handled for a job injury? When does the insurance claim get settled for a work injury?
- Forklift Accidents at Work – Can You Get Compensated for Injuries Beyond Workers’ Comp? (August 14th, 2017) Workers injured in forklift accidents often want to know whether they can get compensated for their injuries, beyond workers’ compensation benefits. The answer depends on the circumstances. Some injured workers can recover medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering. Learn more here.
- New Jersey Work Injury Lawsuits – Basic Legal Info (August 08th, 2017) Basic legal info about New Jersey work accident and injury lawsuits. Can you sue your employer? Will the case succeed? How long does the case take? Our top rated work injury lawyers answer these questions.
Workers’ Compensation Accidents
Injured workers can make both workers’ compensation claims and injury claims. Make sure you speak to a lawyer to learn whether you have a viable case. Don’t rely solely on workers’ compensation to keep your family afloat after a serious work accident.
- Can I sue workers’ compensation for pain and suffering? (June 14th, 2017) Can you sue workers compensation for pain and suffering? Workers’ compensation won’t pay for pain and suffering, but will pay for medical bills and disability from work. In some cases, lump sum payments may be made via workers’ comp for major injuries like the loss of a limb or eye.
- Can I sue workers’ comp for pain and suffering in Pennsylvania? (June 20th, 2016) Can I sue workers’ comp for pain and suffering? Our PA work injury lawyers discuss injured workers’ rights to pain and suffering compensation.
- PA Workers’ Compensation Law Update (Nov. 2015) (November 17th, 2015) In a recent case, the Pennsylvania Superior Court declined to apply the exclusivity provision of the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act. In this case, the workers’ compensation insurance company was sued for aggravating a non-work related injury–the plaintiff’s mental anguish due to sexual molestation suffered as a child.
- Pennsylvania Work Accidents & Claims for Lost Pay/Wages (Part 2) (November 11th, 2014) Workers who are seriously injured and unable to return to work often want to know whether they can receive benefits for lost wages or disability pay. While some employees have employer-paid disability insurance, many do not. Therefore, many seriously injured workers in PA are put in tough financial positions. Part 1 of this article discussed how ...
- Pennsylvania Work Accidents & Claims for Lost Pay/Wages (Part 1) (November 11th, 2014) Every day, workers across Pennsylvania are injured in work related accidents. The three most common types of work injury accidents are: fall accidents (slip, trip and falls or falls from heights), machinery/product accidents (forklift accident), and auto accidents. Most workers and employees who are injured in work related accidents do not suffer any serious or major injuries. For example, ...
Crime Victim Injuries
Crime victims deserve justice. Filing a criminal case is just one avenue to justice. Crime victims have legal rights to also file civil lawsuits to obtain financial recovery for their injuries and damages.
- Do You Have a Crime Victim Injury Lawsuit in Philadelphia? (October 18th, 2017) Do you have a crime victim injury lawsuit after a crime in Philadelphia? Our crime victim rights lawyers discuss civil lawsuits for victims, such as sex assault lawsuits or lawsuits after a shooting.
- Shooting Victims – Lawsuits for Compensation in Pennsylvania or New Jersey (October 11th, 2017) This free legal article is for victims who want to file a lawsuit after a shooting in PA or NJ. What are your rights to compensation? Can a bar, restaurant, etc., be held liable?
- Goals of Filing Sex Abuse or Assault Lawsuits in Pennsylvania & New Jersey (September 26th, 2017) What’s the point of filing a civil lawsuit for sex abuse or assault in Pennsylvania or New Jersey? Exposing the perp, making a difference and receiving compensation are goals victims have.
- Sex Assault Lawsuits in Pennsylvania & New Jersey – Identify the Defendants (September 25th, 2017) In a civil lawsuit for sex assault or abuse in PA or NJ, it’s important to identify the defendants, i.e., the parties who may be held liable. Oftentimes, schools, churches, youth organizations, etc., may be held liable for failing to take appropriate action to prevent the assault or abuse from happening in the first place.
- Pain & Suffering in Sex Assault or Abuse Lawsuits – Legal Info for Victims (August 10th, 2017) Pain, suffering damages are available in sex assault or sex abuse lawsuits. Whether victims of abuse and assault can recover financial compensation depends on the facts of each case. Who is liable? Is there solid evidence of fault? Where does compensation come from?
Premises Liability (Fall Down Accidents)
Fall down accidents (slip, trip and fall accidents) are complex injury cases. You must determine who the correct parties (defendants) are and develop sufficient evidence of negligence.
Defective Product Injuries
Defective product injuries are increasing every year. Can you recover for your injuries?
Auto accidents like car, truck and pedestrian accidents are very common in big cities like Philadelphia. Many injured individuals don’t know their legal rights or how insurance works.
- Serious Injury After a Car Accident in Philadelphia? 3 Tips to Protect Your Legal Rights (August 14th, 2017) 3 tips to protect your legal rights if you’ve been injured in a Philadelphia car accident. Should you talk to the other party’s insurance co.? What happens if you fail to follow medical advice? Should you take pictures of your injuries?
- Left Hand Turn Car Accidents in Pennsylvania, Vehicle Code Laws and Fault (July 17th, 2017) Left turn accidents in Pennsylvania are often caused by the carelessness of the driver who is turning left. But not always.Our car accident lawyers in PA take a look at 3 traffic laws in intersection left turn accident cases.
- Does Pennsylvania Limited Tort Law Apply to Bike & Pedestrian Accident Lawsuits or UIM/UM Claims? (June 15th, 2017) Does limited tort apply to pedestrians or bike riders in Pennsylvania? PA limited tort law only applies when the person making the injury claim was riding in a car as either a driver or a passenger. What about a UIM/UM claim? Does limited tort law apply to a
- I’m a New Jersey resident and was in a car accident in Philadelphia. I have limitation on lawsuit on my NJ auto policy. Can I still sue the other driver for my injuries? (May 16th, 2017) I’m a New Jersey resident and was in a car accident in Philadelphia. I have limitation on lawsuit on my NJ auto policy. Can I still sue the other driver for my injuries? In most cases, a defendant (at-fault driver) can raise the specific defense – that the plaintiff has limitation on lawsuit – but ...
- Pennsylvania Minimum Auto Insurance Coverage Limits (April 26th, 2017) Pennsylvania auto insurance coverage limits. What is bodily injury coverage, UIM/UM and PIP? What are the minimum limits?
Medical negligence happens every day in doctor’s offices and hospitals across the country. Oftentimes, patients and their families need answers.
- Medical Errors in Pennsylvania – 2016 Info on Serious Harm Events, Incidents and More (June 13th, 2017) While patient deaths due to medical errors appears to be down in PA, the number of near-misses and medication errors due to technology are increasing. Here, our PA medical error injury lawyer takes a look at 2016 data.
- Hospital & Medical Negligence or Misdiagnosis as a Factor in Sepsis Infections (November 08th, 2016) Medical or hospital negligence can lead to misdiagnosis of an infection. Sepsis is a emergency medical condition that can lead to death if not treated properly.
- Pennsylvania Medical Malpractice Lawsuits Decreasing, But Deaths Due to Medical Errors Increasing (October 10th, 2016) Pennsylvania medical malpractice lawsuits are decreasing, while deaths due to medical errors increasing. Get the latest info about medical malpractice lawsuit filings in Pennsylvania.
- Medical Malpractice Lawsuits in Pennsylvania – Decreasing in Number But Increasing in Verdict Amount (October 05th, 2016) A look at data on medical malpractice lawsuits in Pennsylvania 2000-2015. Though there has been a decrease in the number of medical malpractice lawsuits overall, some counties have seen a sharp increase. Our experienced medical malpractice lawyers weigh in.
- Philadelphia Hospital Malpractice News, April 2016 – Million Dollar Verdicts (May 17th, 2016) Juries in Philadelphia and Delaware counties have found in favor of patients in 2 medical malpractice cases involving the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and Crozer Keystone. Get the latest medical malpractice lawsuit news here.
About Our Philadelphia Accident & Injury Lawyers
Founded in 2009, Laffey, Bucci & Kent focuses on personal injury and accident cases in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey area. Our lawyers are skilled trial lawyers who have handled multiple, high profile cases, including one crime victim case involving charges of child molestation against a sitting state court judge in Delaware.
Firm partners, Jeff Laffey, Paul Bucci and Brian Kent, take great pride in representing individuals injured in accidents. For a free consultation, please call 800.220.7600.
*Disclaimer: The lawyers at Laffey, Bucci & Kent provide legal advice to individuals after accepting their case. No attorney-client relationship is created by this website. Nothing on this site is intended to provide legal advice. Because every case is unique, discussion of prior outcomes and settlements in past cases is no guarantee of a similar outcome in current or future cases.