Recent Accident & Injury Law Articles
The following articles are brought to you by the injury and accident lawyers at Laffey, Bucci & Kent. With offices in 4 states, the firm is uniquely positioned to represent clients throughout the greater Northeast area, including Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and Delaware.
Workplace Accidents/Construction Accidents
Our work injury lawyers have recovered millions for workers injured in workplace fall accidents, equipment accidents, construction site accidents, etc. One of the most important factors in the success of a case is legal expertise in developing evidence to prove negligence against non-employer parties.
- Work Safety & OSHA Violations List 2017 – Fall Protection Tops the List Year After Year (November 21st, 2017) Fall protection violations still top OSHA’s top 10 work safety violations. Since 2013, fall protections remain the top issue for construction workers. Falls from roofs, platforms and failure to provide/require personal fall arrest protection gear are critical safety issues.
- Work Injury Forklift Accidents – Lawsuits & Financial Compensation (November 20th, 2017) Forklift work safety violations are very common, and as a result, hundreds of workers are injured in forklift accidents each year. Workers injured in forklift accidents at work can file injury lawsuits to get compensated for medical bills, lost wages and pain, suffering.
- NJ Work Injury Lawsuits Against Employers – Nov. 2017 Law Update (November 09th, 2017) A discussion of an October 2017 New Jersey appeals court case where an injured worker’s lawsuit against his employer was allowed to go forward. The NJ manufacturing company was sued after an explosion at work. Evidence showed a prior, similar accident had occurred. See Soto v. ICO Polymers North America.
- New Jersey Work Injuries at Construction Sites – What Injured Workers Need to Know About Workers’ Compensation and Other Legal Rights (October 26th, 2017) Accidents often happen at New Jersey construction sites. Many workers do not know what to do after their work accidents. Many only know about workers’ compensation. However, they may also have third party claims. Learn more here.
- Electric Accidents at Work – Can You Get Financial Compensation? (October 17th, 2017) Injured workers get compensated for an electric accident at work. In some cases, an employer can be held liable, and the injured worker can receive compensation for medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering.
Workers’ Compensation Accidents
Injured workers can make both workers’ compensation claims and injury claims. Make sure you speak to a lawyer to learn whether you have a viable case. Don’t rely solely on workers’ compensation to keep your family afloat after a serious work accident.
- Can I sue workers’ compensation for pain and suffering? (June 14th, 2017) Can you sue workers compensation for pain and suffering? Workers’ compensation won’t pay for pain and suffering, but will pay for medical bills and disability from work. In some cases, lump sum payments may be made via workers’ comp for major injuries like the loss of a limb or eye.
- Can I sue workers’ comp for pain and suffering in Pennsylvania? (June 20th, 2016) Can I sue workers’ comp for pain and suffering? Our PA work injury lawyers discuss injured workers’ rights to pain and suffering compensation.
- PA Workers’ Compensation Law Update (Nov. 2015) (November 17th, 2015) In a recent case, the Pennsylvania Superior Court declined to apply the exclusivity provision of the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act. In this case, the workers’ compensation insurance company was sued for aggravating a non-work related injury–the plaintiff’s mental anguish due to sexual molestation suffered as a child.
- Pennsylvania Work Accidents & Claims for Lost Pay/Wages (Part 2) (November 11th, 2014) Workers who are seriously injured and unable to return to work often want to know whether they can receive benefits for lost wages or disability pay. While some employees have employer-paid disability insurance, many do not. Therefore, many seriously injured workers in PA are put in tough financial positions. Part 1 of this article discussed how ...
- Pennsylvania Work Accidents & Claims for Lost Pay/Wages (Part 1) (November 11th, 2014) Every day, workers across Pennsylvania are injured in work related accidents. The three most common types of work injury accidents are: fall accidents (slip, trip and falls or falls from heights), machinery/product accidents (forklift accident), and auto accidents. Most workers and employees who are injured in work related accidents do not suffer any serious or major injuries. For example, ...
Crime Victim Injuries
Crime victims deserve justice. Filing a criminal case is just one avenue to justice. Crime victims have legal rights to also file civil lawsuits to obtain financial recovery for their injuries and damages.
- Massage Envy Sex Assault Victims Lawsuits, Laffey, Bucci & Kent Makes National News (November 28th, 2017) Sex assault claims against Massage Envy have reached center stage in national news. Over 180 women alleged sex assault against a Massage Envy employee, according to one report. Brian Kent and client Susan Ingram were interviewed on Good Day Philadelphia on Fox News about Ingram’s lawsuit against Massage Envy and legislation to address the ...
- Philadelphia Doctor Arrested for Sex Assault of 2 Patients During Routine Exams (November 15th, 2017) Philly area doctor Brij Srivastava faces 2 charges of sex assault of 2 patients. Indecent Assault charges were filed in November after a victim alleged the doctor fondled her during an exam. Additional victims are being sought by the Upper Darby, PA Police Department.
- Pennsylvania College Injury Law Update – New Criminal Charges After Deleted Footage Shows Excessive Alcohol Served to Underage Student Before His Death (November 14th, 2017) New criminal charges were just filed in a Penn State hazing case that resulted in a student’s death. Video footage showed the student was given 18 drinks in under 90 minutes. Penn State recently implemented safety measures to prevent this type of tragedy from happening. Our injury lawyers take a look at the safety ...
- Attorney Sam Reich in New Jersey Law Journal for Victim’s Rights Case Against Camden, NJ School (November 01st, 2017) Sam Reich’s crime victim rights case was featured in a NJ Law Journal article last month. A New Jersey appeals court ruled in favor of Reich’s client and against s school district after the trial court dismissed the case.
- Do You Have a Crime Victim Injury Lawsuit in Philadelphia? (October 18th, 2017) Do you have a crime victim injury lawsuit after a crime in Philadelphia? Our crime victim rights lawyers discuss civil lawsuits for victims, such as sex assault lawsuits or lawsuits after a shooting.
Premises Liability (Fall Down Accidents)
Fall down accidents (slip, trip and fall accidents) are complex injury cases. You must determine who the correct parties (defendants) are and develop sufficient evidence of negligence.
Defective Product Injuries
Defective product injuries are increasing every year. Can you recover for your injuries?
Auto accidents like car, truck and pedestrian accidents are very common in big cities like Philadelphia. Many injured individuals don’t know their legal rights or how insurance works.
- Philadelphia Intersection & Left Turn Car Accidents – A Look at Pennsylvania Vehicle Code Laws (November 10th, 2017) Intersection car accidents in Philadelphia are very common. Our Philly car accident lawyers look at intersection and left turn vehicle code laws and how injured parties prove fault.
- Serious Injury After a Car Accident in Philadelphia? 3 Tips to Protect Your Legal Rights (August 14th, 2017) 3 tips to protect your legal rights if you’ve been injured in a Philadelphia car accident. Should you talk to the other party’s insurance co.? What happens if you fail to follow medical advice? Should you take pictures of your injuries?
- Left Hand Turn Car Accidents in Pennsylvania, Vehicle Code Laws and Fault (July 17th, 2017) Left turn accidents in Pennsylvania are often caused by the carelessness of the driver who is turning left. But not always.Our car accident lawyers in PA take a look at 3 traffic laws in intersection left turn accident cases.
- Does Pennsylvania Limited Tort Law Apply to Bike & Pedestrian Accident Lawsuits or UIM/UM Claims? (June 15th, 2017) Does limited tort apply to pedestrians or bike riders in Pennsylvania? PA limited tort law only applies when the person making the injury claim was riding in a car as either a driver or a passenger. What about a UIM/UM claim? Does limited tort law apply to a
- I’m a New Jersey resident and was in a car accident in Philadelphia. I have limitation on lawsuit on my NJ auto policy. Can I still sue the other driver for my injuries? (May 16th, 2017) I’m a New Jersey resident and was in a car accident in Philadelphia. I have limitation on lawsuit on my NJ auto policy. Can I still sue the other driver for my injuries? In most cases, a defendant (at-fault driver) can raise the specific defense – that the plaintiff has limitation on lawsuit – but ...
Medical negligence happens every day in doctor’s offices and hospitals across the country. Oftentimes, patients and their families need answers.
- Pennsylvania Medical Malpractice Lawsuits – Costs for the Initial Evaluation (October 25th, 2017) When evaluating a PA medical malpractice case against a hospital, doctor or surgeon, the extent of the injuries and damages must first be assessed. If the injuries are serious enough, the case would warrant proceeding to the next phase – hiring a medical expert to review the case.
- Medical Errors in Pennsylvania – 2016 Info on Serious Harm Events, Incidents and More (June 13th, 2017) While patient deaths due to medical errors appears to be down in PA, the number of near-misses and medication errors due to technology are increasing. Here, our PA medical error injury lawyer takes a look at 2016 data.
- Hospital & Medical Negligence or Misdiagnosis as a Factor in Sepsis Infections (November 08th, 2016) Medical or hospital negligence can lead to misdiagnosis of an infection. Sepsis is a emergency medical condition that can lead to death if not treated properly.
- Pennsylvania Medical Malpractice Lawsuits Decreasing, But Deaths Due to Medical Errors Increasing (October 10th, 2016) Pennsylvania medical malpractice lawsuits are decreasing, while deaths due to medical errors increasing. Get the latest info about medical malpractice lawsuit filings in Pennsylvania.
- Medical Malpractice Lawsuits in Pennsylvania – Decreasing in Number But Increasing in Verdict Amount (October 05th, 2016) A look at data on medical malpractice lawsuits in Pennsylvania 2000-2015. Though there has been a decrease in the number of medical malpractice lawsuits overall, some counties have seen a sharp increase. Our experienced medical malpractice lawyers weigh in.
About Our Philadelphia Accident & Injury Lawyers
Founded in 2009, Laffey, Bucci & Kent focuses on personal injury and accident cases in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey area. Our lawyers are skilled trial lawyers who have handled multiple, high profile cases, including one crime victim case involving charges of child molestation against a sitting state court judge in Delaware.
Firm partners, Jeff Laffey, Paul Bucci and Brian Kent, take great pride in representing individuals injured in accidents. For a free consultation, please call 800.220.7600.
*Disclaimer: The lawyers at Laffey, Bucci & Kent provide legal advice to individuals after accepting their case. No attorney-client relationship is created by this website. Nothing on this site is intended to provide legal advice. Because every case is unique, discussion of prior outcomes and settlements in past cases is no guarantee of a similar outcome in current or future cases.