Top Rated Pennsylvania & New Jersey Work Injury Lawyers: Scaffold Accidents
Major Victories by Our Highly Rated PA/NJ Work Injury Lawyers
- $8.5 million – A construction accident on the job involving a union roofer who was working without fall protection and fell from a roof resulting in permanent paraplegic injury
- $4 million – A construction worker fell 20 feet due to lack of fall protection
- $1 million – On the job injury to a union carpenter who fell through an interior mobile scaffold, suffering bilateral calcaneal fractures
Pennsylvania and New Jersy Scaffold Accident Cases
Scaffold accidents rank high in terms of the severity of injury and are a leading cause of death in the construction industry. According to OSHA, over half of the construction industry workforce performs some work on scaffolds. That is an estimated 2.3 million workers. Each year, there are an average of 4,500 injuries and 50 deaths from scaffold accidents. In 2007 alone, there were 88 scaffold accident fatalities. Scaffold safety issues are some of the most frequently cited violations on Pennsylvania and New Jersey construction sites.
Scaffold accidents usually happen as a result of:
- failure to use fall protection equipment
- falling objects
- failure of fall protection equipment
- failure to install guardrails
- electrical accidents
- weight capacity overloads
- structural instability
- negligent erection/installation
- failure of crossbracing, midrails, footings or platforms
- failure to train workers about scaffold safety
- failure to conduct scaffold inspections
Rights of Pennsylvania and New Jersey Workers Injured in Scaffold Accidents
In scaffold accident cases in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, the potential liable parties often include:
- scaffold installation companies
- scaffold manufacturers, distributors, and retailers for products liability claims
- scaffold rental companies
- scaffold service/maintenance companies
Any worker seriously injured in a Pennsylvania or New Jersey scaffold accident may be able to obtain financial compensation over and above workers’ compensation. Unfortunately, most injured workers only make workers’ compensation claims.
It is vital to speak to an experienced scaffold and roof accident lawyer as soon as possible to determine liability of others. You may be entitled to compensation for future pain and suffering, future medical bills/treatment, and more.
Pennsylvania and New Jersey Scaffold Accident and Injury Lawyers
At the Philadelphia, PA and NJ personal injury accident law firm of Laffey, Bucci & Kent, our experienced attorneys are committed to providing quality representation and individual attention to their clients and their clients’ families.
Our highly rated scaffold and roofing accident lawyers and attorneys have many solid years of experience handling scaffold accident cases. For the past decade, our work injury lawyers have been rated as top lawyers by Super Lawyer magazine. Their knowledge and expertise in dealing with defense counsel as well as insurance company representatives and adjusters can be invaluable when seeking justice in a workplace scaffold accident injury case.
Our scaffold and roof accident lawyers will meet with you and discuss:
- federal and state laws and regulations relating to scaffolds and fall protection
- contractor or products liability law
- OSHA regulations
- damages and proof
If you or a loved one was seriously hurt or killed in a Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey or New York, workplace scaffold or roof accident, contact our experienced, highly rated Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and New Jersey personal injury lawyers for a free confidential consultation. 215.399.9255/800.220.7600
Our personal injury attorneys serve accident victims in the following areas: Allegheny County, PA; Berks County, PA; Bucks County, PA; Chester County, PA; Delaware County, PA; Lehigh County, PA; Montgomery County, PA; Northampton County, PA: Philadelphia County, PA; Atlantic County, NJ; Burlington County, NJ; Camden County, NJ; Cumberland County, NJ; Gloucester County, NJ; Salem County, NJ; New Castle County, DE; Kent County, DE; Atlantic City, NJ; Philadelphia, PA; Pittsburgh, PA; Newark, NJ; Doylestown, PA; Media, PA; West Chester, PA; Norristown, PA; Camden, NJ; Wilmington, DE; Newark, DE; Georgetown, DE; and New Castle, DE.