The injury lawyers at Laffey, Bucci & Kent created this library for the injured and their families to find answers to some of their legal questions. The articles below are only for information only. Prior to making any decisions about your case, it is vital to contact an experienced, knowledgeable lawyer.
Page last updated: November 28, 2016
- How Personal Injury Lawyers Get Paid in Pennsylvania and New Jersey – No Fee, No Recovery (April 14, 2017) Learn about how personal injury lawyers in Pennsylvania and New Jersey get paid. Known as a contingent fee, an injury lawyer’s payment comes from proceeds of the case. The fee is not directly paid by the client, but is subtracted from the eventual recovery.
- Liability for Medical Bills After a Child Sports Injury Accident in Pennsylvania or New Jersey (February 27, 2017) Parents with children who are injured in sports accidents often want to know if their child’s medical bills can be paid for by the sports facility or business where the accident occurred. In this legal article, our attorneys discuss insurance coverage, waivers of liability and more.
- I was injured in a sports gym center in Philadelphia, and I signed a waiver of liability. Do I have any legal rights? (February 3, 2017) How do Pennsylvania courts treat waivers of liability? If you’ve been injured and signed a waiver of liability, will it bar your legal claims. In this article, injury lawyer Paul Bucci discusses PA law and some critical factors in these cases.
Work Injuries & Accidents
- Top Work Accident Lawsuit Cases in Pennsylvania & New Jersey (April 24, 2017) A look at the top 3 work accident lawsuit that get filed in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. They include construction site accidents, fall accidents (slip/trip and falls and falls from heights), and factory accidents.
- Financial Compensation in a Pennsylvania or New Jersey Work Injury Lawsuit (April 21, 2017) Info about financial recovery after a work accident in Pennsylvania or New Jersey. Work injury lawsuits can result in significant financial recovery. Workers comp benefits aren’t enough.
- Fatal Work Accidents in Pennsylvania – What Industries are Most Dangerous? (April 20, 2017) A look at fatal work accidents in Pennsylvania. What industries are most dangerous? According to data from the BLS, the construction and extraction industry as well as the transportation and materials moving industry are the most dangerous. They account for about 70% of the total number of fatal work accidents.
Access the Work Injury Law Library for more info.
Crime Victim Injuries
- Voices for Victims – Philadelphia District Attorney Candidate Forum (April 28, 2017) Together with the Anti-Violence Partnership of Philadelphia, the Philadelphia Children’s Alliance, Women Against Rape and Families of Murder Victims, Laffey, Bucci & Kent is proud to co-host the Voices for Victims – Philadelphia District Attorney Candidate Forum on May 3, 2017 at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute. Register now.
- Crime Victim Injury Lawsuits in Philadelphia – Legal Issues and Proof (April 14, 2017) A discussion of Philadelphia crime victim injury lawsuits and the legal issues that arise, which include establishing a duty of care and foreseeability. Did the defendant owe a duty of care to the victim, and was the criminal act reasonably foreseeable?
- Crime Victim Injury Lawsuits in Philadelphia (April 6, 2017) Legal info about Philadelphia crime victim injury cases. Businesses can be held liable if there is enough evidence that the business owed a duty of care to the victim and should have known about the crime before it happened.
Access the Crime Victim Injury Law Library for more info.
Premises Liability/Fall Down
- Pennsylvania Government Liability for Injuries Law Update 2016: Student Allowed to Sue School for Trip & Fall Accident? (November 29, 2016) Under Pennsylvania law, is the government liable for a fall accident? Our injury lawyers discuss a recent court case in favor of a student injured at gym class in a Philadelphia elementary school, when the student tripped during a race and hit a concrete wall.
- Pennsylvania Slip & Fall Accident Law: Injured Plaintiff Must Prove the Cause and Location of the Accident (September 28, 2016) Pennsylvania Fall Accident Law: plaintiff must prove the exact cause and location of the accident. Failing to do so can result in loss of the case.
- What Should You Do After a Philadelphia, PA Slip and Fall Accident? (August 16, 2016) Philadelphia injury lawyer discusses what slip, trip and fall accident victims should do after their accident, such as take pictures. Get more information here on how to prevail in a Philadelphia fall accident lawsuit.
Access the Premises Liability & Accident Law Library for more info.
- Product Injuries – Hurt by a Defective Product in Pennsylvania or New Jersey? (August 17, 2016) Were you hurt or injured by a defective product in Pennsylvania or New Jersey? Get legal info about legal rights to compensation by filing a product accident lawsuit (product liability claim).
- Nail Gun Accidents Can Cause Loss of an Eye (March 10, 2014) Is the Nail Gun Company/Manufacturer Liable? Last week, a young contractor from NJ lost his eye after a nail gun accident. According to a nj.com report, the contractor was working on a house in Maplewood when his nail gun accidentally fired into his eye. The eye was never recovered at the scene. He was taken to ...
- Nail Gun Discharged Sideways – Now What? (December 5, 2013) Free consultations with our nail gun accident lawyers – Call 800.220.7600 Even the most experienced nail gun users can find themselves in a situation where a nail gun discharges sideways, seriously injuring themselves or a bystander. A 3 inch nail or fastener can do serious damage to the eyes and brain. Permanent nerve damage is common. Nail ...
Access the Defective Product Injury Law Library for more info.
- Pennsylvania Minimum Auto Insurance Coverage Limits (April 26, 2017) Pennsylvania auto insurance coverage limits. What is bodily injury coverage, UIM/UM and PIP? What are the minimum limits?
- April is National Distracted Driving Awareness Month (April 4, 2017) Fatal car accidents and fatal pedestrian accidents are on the rise. Distracted driving is partly to blame. Our Pennsylvania car accident lawyers see these types of accidents all too often.
- What to Do After a Philadelphia Car Accident (March 1, 2017) Philadelphia car accident lawyer discusses what you should do after a car accident in Philadelphia, PA.
Access the Car & Truck Accident Law Library for more info.
- Hospital & Medical Negligence or Misdiagnosis as a Factor in Sepsis Infections (November 8, 2016) Medical or hospital negligence can lead to misdiagnosis of an infection. Sepsis is a emergency medical condition that can lead to death if not treated properly.
- Pennsylvania Medical Malpractice Lawsuits Decreasing, But Deaths Due to Medical Errors Increasing (October 10, 2016) Pennsylvania medical malpractice lawsuits are decreasing, while deaths due to medical errors increasing. Get the latest info about medical malpractice lawsuit filings in Pennsylvania.
- Medical Malpractice Lawsuits in Pennsylvania – Decreasing in Number But Increasing in Verdict Amount (October 5, 2016) A look at data on medical malpractice lawsuits in Pennsylvania 2000-2015. Though there has been a decrease in the number of medical malpractice lawsuits overall, some counties have seen a sharp increase. Our experienced medical malpractice lawyers weigh in.
Access the Medical Malpractice Law Library for more info.
If you or a loved one was seriously injured in an accident contact our experienced, top rated injury lawyers for a free, confidential consultation. Our lawyers are licensed in multiple states including Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey or New York. We also handle cases nationwide. 215.399.9255/800.220.7600