The injury lawyers at Laffey, Bucci & Kent created this library for the injured and their families to find answers to some of their legal questions. The articles below are only for information only. Prior to making any decisions about your case, it is vital to contact an experienced, knowledgeable lawyer.
Page last updated: July 10, 2017
- Noneconomic Damages (Pain & Suffering) in Personal Injury Lawsuits in Pennsylvania (July 10, 2017) An in-depth look at Pennsylvania noneconomic damages law, including pain and suffering, embarrassment and humiliation, loss of enjoyment of life and disfigurement. Our personal injury lawyers take a look at the law and how the value of these claims are derived.
- My child was injured in an accident at his summer camp. What are his legal rights? (June 20, 2017) My child was injured in an accident at his summer camp. What are his legal rights? If the camp was negligent, your child may get compensated for the injuries. Any waiver of liability signed by the child or the parent, on behalf of the child, is not likely to bar the child’s claim.
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Injury Law in Pennsylvania & New Jersey (May 4, 2017) Learn about carbon monoxide poisoning accident law in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. What negligence claims may be made?
- New Jersey Carbon Monoxide Alarm Detector Law (May 3, 2017) Statutory text of New Jersey carbon monoxide alarm laws is provided here. By our carbon monoxide injury and accident lawyers.
- Pennsylvania Carbon Monoxide Alarm Detector Law (May 3, 2017) Statutory text of the Pennsylvania Carbon Monoxide Alarm Standards Act (2013).
Work Injuries & Accidents
- Forklift Accidents at Work – Can You Get Compensated for Injuries Beyond Workers’ Comp? (August 14, 2017) Workers injured in forklift accidents often want to know whether they can get compensated for their injuries, beyond workers’ compensation benefits. The answer depends on the circumstances. Some injured workers can recover medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering. Learn more here.
- New Jersey Work Injury Lawsuits – Basic Legal Info (August 8, 2017) Basic legal info about New Jersey work accident and injury lawsuits. Can you sue your employer? Will the case succeed? How long does the case take? Our top rated work injury lawyers answer these questions.
- New Jersey Work Injuries – What an Injured Worker Can Recover (NOT JUST WORKERS’ COMP) (August 7, 2017) What can an injured worker in New Jersey recover after a work accident? Under NJ law, injured workers’ aren’t limited to workers’ comp benefits. They can recover past and future losses and pain and suffering.
Access the Work Injury Law Library for more info.
Crime Victim Injuries
- Pain & Suffering in Sex Assault or Abuse Lawsuits – Legal Info for Victims (August 10, 2017) Pain, suffering damages are available in sex assault or sex abuse lawsuits. Whether victims of abuse and assault can recover financial compensation depends on the facts of each case. Who is liable? Is there solid evidence of fault? Where does compensation come from?
- Pennsylvania Priest Arrested for Sex Abuse of 10 Year Old Boy in Early 1990s (July 25, 2017) On July 24, 2017, a Pennsylvania priest was arrested for sex abuse of a 10 yr old boy in the 1990s. Fr. John Thomas Sweeney faces a felony charge which is alleged to have occurred in the Diocese of Greensburg.
- New Jersey Crime Victim Injury Lawsuits – Other Parties May Be Liable (July 24, 2017) Victims of crime in New Jersey may have valid lawsuits against parties whose negligence led to the incident. Victims of shootings, assaults and sex abuse may get compensated by filing lawsuits against criminal perpetrators and businesses.
Access the Crime Victim Injury Law Library for more info.
Premises Liability/Fall Down
- I tripped over a broken sidewalk in Philadelphia. Can I sue the homeowner? (July 6, 2017) I tripped over a broken sidewalk in Philadelphia. Can I sue the homeowner? In order to succeed, there must be evidence of the defect and evidence that the owner knew about the defect or should have known about it under the circumstances.
- I tripped on an uneven step on my way to work in Philadelphia, PA, and I fell down the entire stairs and broke my leg. Is the property owner liable for my accident? (June 12, 2017) Legal info about fall accidents on steps and stairs in Pennsylvania. Learn about negligence claims and how comparative negligence legal principles come into play.
- Injured in a Fall Accident in Philadelphia? Get Compensated by the Property Owner (June 8, 2017) Fall accidents are one of the more common types of injury accidents in Philadelphia. Whether it’s a slip and fall or a trip and fall, residents of Philadelphia are often injured on sidewalks, stairs and walkways. These types of accidents often happen at grocery stores, shopping plazas and even private homes. Individuals injured in fall accidents ...
Access the Premises Liability & Accident Law Library for more info.
- IKEA Chests/Dressers Recall Notice – Get a Refund or Wall Anchor (August 16, 2017) Dozens of IKEA dressers/chests were recalled after multiple injuries and fatalities due to tip overs. Get a refund or wall anchor. Learn how here.
- Defective Tools – Do You Have a Lawsuit Against the Manufacturer? (August 10, 2017) Injured in a tool accident? How do you know if you have a valid case against the tool manufacturer? There are 3 types of product injury claims: mechanical defect, design defect and failure to warn.
- Product Injuries – Hurt by a Defective Product in Pennsylvania or New Jersey? (August 17, 2016) Were you hurt or injured by a defective product in Pennsylvania or New Jersey? Get legal info about legal rights to compensation by filing a product accident lawsuit (product liability claim).
Access the Defective Product Injury Law Library for more info.
- Serious Injury After a Car Accident in Philadelphia? 3 Tips to Protect Your Legal Rights (August 14, 2017) 3 tips to protect your legal rights if you’ve been injured in a Philadelphia car accident. Should you talk to the other party’s insurance co.? What happens if you fail to follow medical advice? Should you take pictures of your injuries?
- Left Hand Turn Car Accidents in Pennsylvania, Vehicle Code Laws and Fault (July 17, 2017) Left turn accidents in Pennsylvania are often caused by the carelessness of the driver who is turning left. But not always.Our car accident lawyers in PA take a look at 3 traffic laws in intersection left turn accident cases.
- Does Pennsylvania Limited Tort Law Apply to Bike & Pedestrian Accident Lawsuits or UIM/UM Claims? (June 15, 2017) Does limited tort apply to pedestrians or bike riders in Pennsylvania? PA limited tort law only applies when the person making the injury claim was riding in a car as either a driver or a passenger. What about a UIM/UM claim? Does limited tort law apply to a
Access the Car & Truck Accident Law Library for more info.
- Medical Errors in Pennsylvania – 2016 Info on Serious Harm Events, Incidents and More (June 13, 2017) While patient deaths due to medical errors appears to be down in PA, the number of near-misses and medication errors due to technology are increasing. Here, our PA medical error injury lawyer takes a look at 2016 data.
- Hospital & Medical Negligence or Misdiagnosis as a Factor in Sepsis Infections (November 8, 2016) Medical or hospital negligence can lead to misdiagnosis of an infection. Sepsis is a emergency medical condition that can lead to death if not treated properly.
- Pennsylvania Medical Malpractice Lawsuits Decreasing, But Deaths Due to Medical Errors Increasing (October 10, 2016) Pennsylvania medical malpractice lawsuits are decreasing, while deaths due to medical errors increasing. Get the latest info about medical malpractice lawsuit filings in Pennsylvania.
Access the Medical Malpractice Law Library for more info.
If you or a loved one was seriously injured in an accident contact our experienced, top rated injury lawyers for a free, confidential consultation. Our lawyers are licensed in multiple states including Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey or New York. We also handle cases nationwide. 215.399.9255/800.220.7600