The injury lawyers at Laffey, Bucci & Kent created this library for the injured and their families to find answers to some of their legal questions. The articles below are only for information only. Prior to making any decisions about your case, it is vital to contact an experienced, knowledgeable lawyer.
Page last updated: November 28, 2016
- I was injured in a sports gym center in Philadelphia, and I signed a waiver of liability. Do I have any legal rights? (February 3, 2017) How do Pennsylvania courts treat waivers of liability? If you’ve been injured and signed a waiver of liability, will it bar your legal claims. In this article, injury lawyer Paul Bucci discusses PA law and some critical factors in these cases.
- Pennsylvania Injury Law – Waivers of Liability for Sports Accidents (December 22, 2016) In a recent Pennsylvania court case, a waiver of liability was upheld against a widow in a sports accident case that occurred in Philadelphia. The same court reversed its prior ruling in the case a year ago, which allowed the widow’s claim to proceed. An appeal has been filed with the PA Supreme Court.
- Texas Hot Air Balloon Case Update: NTSB Investigation Reveals Pilot Drug Use, FAA Regulations May Increase (December 14, 2016) Get the latest news about the Texas hot air balloon accident in 2016. The NTSB investigation shows that the pilot had many drugs in his system.
Work Injuries & Accidents
- Work Accident Injury Lawsuits in Pennsylvania & New Jersey – How Long Do They Take? (March 10, 2017) What is the time line for filing a work accident injury lawsuit in Pennsylvania or New Jersey? Learn about what affects resolution of a lawsuit for work injuries.
- New Jersey Work Accident & Injury Law – Right to Compensation (March 6, 2017) New Jersey Work Accident & Injury Law – Right to Compensation New Jersey residents are injured or killed in work accidents every day. In the most serious cases, the injuries will result in disability. Can injured workers get compensated for their work injuries?
- New Jersey Work Accident Lawsuit Involving a Forklift Injury at a Port Terminal – A Case Study (February 23, 2017) Read this case study about a New Jersey work accident lawsuit for a forklift accident at a dock/terminal. The case ended in a multi-million recovery for the injured worker.
Access the Work Injury Law Library for more info.
Crime Victim Injuries
- Victims’ Rights to Financial Compensation in a Civil Lawsuit for Crime in Pennsylvania and New Jersey (March 22, 2017) Learn about civil lawsuits for shootings or assaults in Pennsylvania and New Jersey: who are the liable parties? Businesses, hospitals and other entities may be held liable, which may provide victims with financial compensation.
- Shootings & Assaults – Victims’ Rights to Restitution in Pennsylvania and New Jersey (March 22, 2017) Get legal info about a victim’s right to receive restitution after a shooting or assault in Pennsylvania or New Jersey. The statutes are discussed, as well as info about the claims.
- Access to the Courts in Child Sex Abuse Cases – Pennsylvania Legislation Update 2017 (March 6, 2017) In the 2016-2017 legislative session, Pennsylvania lawmakers are considering major changes to civil statute of limitations laws in cases of child molestation. The Senate and House have different views on whether to increase access to the courts for victims of abuse whose cases are now too old to be filed.
Access the Crime Victim Injury Law Library for more info.
Premises Liability/Fall Down
- Pennsylvania Government Liability for Injuries Law Update 2016: Student Allowed to Sue School for Trip & Fall Accident? (November 29, 2016) Under Pennsylvania law, is the government liable for a fall accident? Our injury lawyers discuss a recent court case in favor of a student injured at gym class in a Philadelphia elementary school, when the student tripped during a race and hit a concrete wall.
- Pennsylvania Slip & Fall Accident Law: Injured Plaintiff Must Prove the Cause and Location of the Accident (September 28, 2016) Pennsylvania Fall Accident Law: plaintiff must prove the exact cause and location of the accident. Failing to do so can result in loss of the case.
- What Should You Do After a Philadelphia, PA Slip and Fall Accident? (August 16, 2016) Philadelphia injury lawyer discusses what slip, trip and fall accident victims should do after their accident, such as take pictures. Get more information here on how to prevail in a Philadelphia fall accident lawsuit.
Access the Premises Liability & Accident Law Library for more info.
- Product Injuries – Hurt by a Defective Product in Pennsylvania or New Jersey? (August 17, 2016) Were you hurt or injured by a defective product in Pennsylvania or New Jersey? Get legal info about legal rights to compensation by filing a product accident lawsuit (product liability claim).
- Nail Gun Accidents Can Cause Loss of an Eye (March 10, 2014) Is the Nail Gun Company/Manufacturer Liable? Last week, a young contractor from NJ lost his eye after a nail gun accident. According to a nj.com report, the contractor was working on a house in Maplewood when his nail gun accidentally fired into his eye. The eye was never recovered at the scene. He was taken to ...
- Nail Gun Discharged Sideways – Now What? (December 5, 2013) Free consultations with our nail gun accident lawyers – Call 800.220.7600 Even the most experienced nail gun users can find themselves in a situation where a nail gun discharges sideways, seriously injuring themselves or a bystander. A 3 inch nail or fastener can do serious damage to the eyes and brain. Permanent nerve damage is common. Nail ...
Access the Defective Product Injury Law Library for more info.
- What to Do After a Philadelphia Car Accident (March 1, 2017) Philadelphia car accident lawyer discusses what you should do after a car accident in Philadelphia, PA.
- Claims for Lost Wages After a Car Accident in Philadelphia (January 17, 2017) All about lost wages claims (AKA: income loss) after an auto accident in Philadelphia. These claims are subject to a 5 day waiting period and are capped at 80% of the gross income. The coverage limits vary.
- Can You Sue with Limited Tort in Pennsylvania or Limitation on Lawsuit in New Jersey? (Part 2) (January 3, 2017) Limited tort in Pennsylvania or limitation on lawsuit in NJ can negatively affect your ability to get full compensation for auto accident injuries. Learn more about how limited tort law affects PA residents when driving in New Jersey.
Access the Car & Truck Accident Law Library for more info.
- Hospital & Medical Negligence or Misdiagnosis as a Factor in Sepsis Infections (November 8, 2016) Medical or hospital negligence can lead to misdiagnosis of an infection. Sepsis is a emergency medical condition that can lead to death if not treated properly.
- Pennsylvania Medical Malpractice Lawsuits Decreasing, But Deaths Due to Medical Errors Increasing (October 10, 2016) Pennsylvania medical malpractice lawsuits are decreasing, while deaths due to medical errors increasing. Get the latest info about medical malpractice lawsuit filings in Pennsylvania.
- Medical Malpractice Lawsuits in Pennsylvania – Decreasing in Number But Increasing in Verdict Amount (October 5, 2016) A look at data on medical malpractice lawsuits in Pennsylvania 2000-2015. Though there has been a decrease in the number of medical malpractice lawsuits overall, some counties have seen a sharp increase. Our experienced medical malpractice lawyers weigh in.
Access the Medical Malpractice Law Library for more info.
If you or a loved one was seriously injured in an accident contact our experienced, top rated injury lawyers for a free, confidential consultation. Our lawyers are licensed in multiple states including Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey or New York. We also handle cases nationwide. 215.399.9255/800.220.7600