Crimes in Public & Private Places – Security Failures
Major Victories by Our PA and NJ Injury Lawyers
- Six Figure Recovery – Shooting death of a tenant at an apartment complex
- Six Figure Recovery – Woman violently attacked by bar security personnel without provocation
Philadelphia, PA and NJ Negligent Security Injury Cases
Crimes such as break-ins and robberies are an everyday fact of life, especially in big cities such as Philadelphia. Such crimes can happen in apartment complexes, residences, residential high-rises, shopping malls, hotels, restaurants, parking lots, college dorms, and college housing-anywhere.
Negligent security cases usually occur as a result of:
- known or anticipated criminal behavior
- faulty door looks/systems
- inadequate lighting
- security failures
- employee crime
Rights of Victims – Philadelphia, PA and NJ Negligent Security Injury Law
Businesses aren’t generally liable for criminal activity on their premises. However, under Pennsylvania and New Jersey law, businesses have a duty to provide ordinary and reasonable safety measures for their guests or invitees. This duty extends to landlords, property owners, and businesses alike:
- residential landlords
- apartment complex landlords
- commercial landlords
- property management companies
- security agencies
- security guards
- parking lot owners and operators
- shopping malls
- bars and restaurants
Rights of Those Injured in Pennsylvania and New Jersey Negligent Security Cases
In negligent security cases in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, the potential liable parties often include not only the business or housing complex where the crime occurred, but also property management companies, cleaning/maintenance contractors, and security contractors.
It is vital to speak to an experienced negligent security lawyer who will be able to properly investigate liability of all parties. This ensures maximum recovery for seriously injured victims. Those injured in Pennsylvania or New Jersey negligent security cases may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages and more.
Pennsylvania and New Jersey Injury Lawyers Handling Negligent Security Cases
At the Philadelphia, PA and NJ personal injury accident law firm of Laffey, Bucci & Kent, our experienced attorneys are committed to providing quality representation and individual attention to their clients and their clients’ families.
Our top rated Philadelphia, PA and NJ negligent security lawyers and attorneys have over 40 combined years of experience handling cases against businesses, property owners and landlords who fail to provide ordinary and reasonably security measures on their premises. Their knowledge and expertise in dealing with defense counsel as well as insurance company representatives and adjusters can be invaluable when seeking justice in a negligent security injury case.
Our Philadelphia, PA and NJ personal injury lawyers will meet with you and discuss:
- negligent security law
- liability of the immediate business, landlord or property owner
- liability of others such as maintenance contractors or security companies
- damages and proof
If you or a loved one was seriously hurt or killed in a case involving negligent security in Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey or New York, contact our experienced, highly rated Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and New Jersey personal injury attorneys for a free, confidential consultation. 215.399.9255/800.220.7600
Related Injury Law Articles:
- Crime Victim Injury Lawsuits in Philadelphia (April 6, 2017) Legal info about Philadelphia crime victim injury cases. Businesses can be held liable if there is enough evidence that the business owed a duty of care to the victim and should have known about the crime before it happened.
- Victims’ Rights to Financial Compensation in a Civil Lawsuit for Crime in Pennsylvania and New Jersey (March 22, 2017) Learn about civil lawsuits for shootings or assaults in Pennsylvania and New Jersey: who are the liable parties? Businesses, hospitals and other entities may be held liable, which may provide victims with financial compensation.
- Shootings & Assaults – Victims’ Rights to Restitution in Pennsylvania and New Jersey (March 22, 2017) Get legal info about a victim’s right to receive restitution after a shooting or assault in Pennsylvania or New Jersey. The statutes are discussed, as well as info about the claims.
Page last reviewed and updated: April 28, 2017