Recent Accident & Injury Law Articles
The following articles are brought to you by the injury and accident lawyers at Laffey, Bucci & Kent. With offices in 4 states, the firm is uniquely positioned to represent clients throughout the greater Northeast area, including Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and Delaware.
Workplace Accidents/Construction Accidents
Our work injury lawyers have recovered millions for workers injured in workplace fall accidents, equipment accidents, construction site accidents, etc. One of the most important factors in the success of a case is legal expertise in developing evidence to prove negligence against non-employer parties.
- Statute of Limitations in New Jersey Work Injury Lawsuits (May 25th, 2017) New Jersey’s statute of limitations law puts a time limit on filing a work accident lawsuit. In most cases, the law is 2 years from the date of the work accident. In cases if death, the law is 2 years from the date of the death.
- Top Work Accident Lawsuit Cases in Pennsylvania & New Jersey (April 24th, 2017) A look at the top 3 work accident lawsuit that get filed in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. They include construction site accidents, fall accidents (slip/trip and falls and falls from heights), and factory accidents.
- Financial Compensation in a Pennsylvania or New Jersey Work Injury Lawsuit (April 21st, 2017) Info about financial recovery after a work accident in Pennsylvania or New Jersey. Work injury lawsuits can result in significant financial recovery. Workers comp benefits aren’t enough.
- Fatal Work Accidents in Pennsylvania – What Industries are Most Dangerous? (April 20th, 2017) A look at fatal work accidents in Pennsylvania. What industries are most dangerous? According to data from the BLS, the construction and extraction industry as well as the transportation and materials moving industry are the most dangerous. They account for about 70% of the total number of fatal work accidents.
- Jeff Laffey Makes PhillyLabor’s 2017 Who’s Who in Injury & Injured Workers Advocacy List (March 27th, 2017) Jeff Laffey has made PhillyLabor’s 2017 Who’s Who in Injury & Injured Workers Advocacy List. He was honored by Philadelphia’s City Council and received an award from city council members in March.
Workers’ Compensation Accidents
Injured workers can make both workers’ compensation claims and injury claims. Make sure you speak to a lawyer to learn whether you have a viable case. Don’t rely solely on workers’ compensation to keep your family afloat after a serious work accident.
- Can I sue workers’ compensation for pain and suffering? (June 14th, 2017) Can you sue workers compensation for pain and suffering? Workers’ compensation won’t pay for pain and suffering, but will pay for medical bills and disability from work. In some cases, lump sum payments may be made via workers’ comp for major injuries like the loss of a limb or eye.
- Can I sue workers’ comp for pain and suffering in Pennsylvania? (June 20th, 2016) Can I sue workers’ comp for pain and suffering? Our PA work injury lawyers discuss injured workers’ rights to pain and suffering compensation.
- PA Workers’ Compensation Law Update (Nov. 2015) (November 17th, 2015) In a recent case, the Pennsylvania Superior Court declined to apply the exclusivity provision of the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act. In this case, the workers’ compensation insurance company was sued for aggravating a non-work related injury–the plaintiff’s mental anguish due to sexual molestation suffered as a child.
- Pennsylvania Work Accidents & Claims for Lost Pay/Wages (Part 2) (November 11th, 2014) Workers who are seriously injured and unable to return to work often want to know whether they can receive benefits for lost wages or disability pay. While some employees have employer-paid disability insurance, many do not. Therefore, many seriously injured workers in PA are put in tough financial positions. Part 1 of this article discussed how ...
- Pennsylvania Work Accidents & Claims for Lost Pay/Wages (Part 1) (November 11th, 2014) Every day, workers across Pennsylvania are injured in work related accidents. The three most common types of work injury accidents are: fall accidents (slip, trip and falls or falls from heights), machinery/product accidents (forklift accident), and auto accidents. Most workers and employees who are injured in work related accidents do not suffer any serious or major injuries. For example, ...
Crime Victim Injuries
Crime victims deserve justice. Filing a criminal case is just one avenue to justice. Crime victims have legal rights to also file civil lawsuits to obtain financial recovery for their injuries and damages.
- Daycare Lawsuits in Pennsylvania – Child Injuries at Daycare (June 22nd, 2017) Learn about daycare assaults for child injuries or assaults in Pennsylvania. If the daycare knew or should have foreseen the incident, it can be held liable. Or the daycare could be liable if the daycare failed to implement or enforce a policy or procedure that resulted in the incident.
- Pennsylvania Doctor, Sohael Raschid, Sentenced for Sex Assault (June 2017) (June 12th, 2017) Pennsylvania doctor Sohael Raschid was sentenced to prison for sex assault of multiple women, including former patients. Get the latest info on the sentence and another criminal case that is still pending.
- Pennsylvania Fraternity Hazing News Update 2017 (May 17th, 2017) After 2 recent hazing deaths involving fraternity pledging activities in Pennsylvania, dozens of students and two fraternities face criminal charges. Get the latest on the 2017 Penn State fraternity case and the recent guilty plea of NY frat members in the 2013 death of a pledge in the Poconos.
- Philadelphia District Attorney Election – Candidates Forum, Voices for Victims (May 12th, 2017) Read & Watch the Philly DA Candidates’ Responses on Victim Advocacy There are seven Democratic candidates and one Republican in the race for District Attorney of Philadelphia. Get more info about each candidate here. On May 16, Philadelphia residents will vote in the Primary Election for the Democratic nominee. Find your polling place in Philadelphia. Victim advocacy is ...
- Sex Abuse by a Doctor or Therapist (May 12th, 2017) Reports of sex abuse or assault by a doctor or mental health therapist have risen over the last few years. Here, our crime victims lawyers look at sexual abuse of patients.
Premises Liability (Fall Down Accidents)
Fall down accidents (slip, trip and fall accidents) are complex injury cases. You must determine who the correct parties (defendants) are and develop sufficient evidence of negligence.
Defective Product Injuries
Defective product injuries are increasing every year. Can you recover for your injuries?
Auto accidents like car, truck and pedestrian accidents are very common in big cities like Philadelphia. Many injured individuals don’t know their legal rights or how insurance works.
- Does Pennsylvania Limited Tort Law Apply to Bike & Pedestrian Accident Lawsuits or UIM/UM Claims? (June 15th, 2017) Does limited tort apply to pedestrians or bike riders in Pennsylvania? PA limited tort law only applies when the person making the injury claim was riding in a car as either a driver or a passenger. What about a UIM/UM claim? Does limited tort law apply to a
- I’m a New Jersey resident and was in a car accident in Philadelphia. I have limitation on lawsuit on my NJ auto policy. Can I still sue the other driver for my injuries? (May 16th, 2017) I’m a New Jersey resident and was in a car accident in Philadelphia. I have limitation on lawsuit on my NJ auto policy. Can I still sue the other driver for my injuries? In most cases, a defendant (at-fault driver) can raise the specific defense – that the plaintiff has limitation on lawsuit – but ...
- Pennsylvania Minimum Auto Insurance Coverage Limits (April 26th, 2017) Pennsylvania auto insurance coverage limits. What is bodily injury coverage, UIM/UM and PIP? What are the minimum limits?
- April is National Distracted Driving Awareness Month (April 04th, 2017) Fatal car accidents and fatal pedestrian accidents are on the rise. Distracted driving is partly to blame. Our Pennsylvania car accident lawyers see these types of accidents all too often.
- What to Do After a Philadelphia Car Accident (March 01st, 2017) Philadelphia car accident lawyer discusses what you should do after a car accident in Philadelphia, PA.
Medical negligence happens every day in doctor’s offices and hospitals across the country. Oftentimes, patients and their families need answers.
- Medical Errors in Pennsylvania – 2016 Info on Serious Harm Events, Incidents and More (June 13th, 2017) While patient deaths due to medical errors appears to be down in PA, the number of near-misses and medication errors due to technology are increasing. Here, our PA medical error injury lawyer takes a look at 2016 data.
- Hospital & Medical Negligence or Misdiagnosis as a Factor in Sepsis Infections (November 08th, 2016) Medical or hospital negligence can lead to misdiagnosis of an infection. Sepsis is a emergency medical condition that can lead to death if not treated properly.
- Pennsylvania Medical Malpractice Lawsuits Decreasing, But Deaths Due to Medical Errors Increasing (October 10th, 2016) Pennsylvania medical malpractice lawsuits are decreasing, while deaths due to medical errors increasing. Get the latest info about medical malpractice lawsuit filings in Pennsylvania.
- Medical Malpractice Lawsuits in Pennsylvania – Decreasing in Number But Increasing in Verdict Amount (October 05th, 2016) A look at data on medical malpractice lawsuits in Pennsylvania 2000-2015. Though there has been a decrease in the number of medical malpractice lawsuits overall, some counties have seen a sharp increase. Our experienced medical malpractice lawyers weigh in.
- Philadelphia Hospital Malpractice News, April 2016 – Million Dollar Verdicts (May 17th, 2016) Juries in Philadelphia and Delaware counties have found in favor of patients in 2 medical malpractice cases involving the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and Crozer Keystone. Get the latest medical malpractice lawsuit news here.
About Our Philadelphia Accident & Injury Lawyers
Founded in 2009, Laffey, Bucci & Kent focuses on personal injury and accident cases in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey area. Our lawyers are skilled trial lawyers who have handled multiple, high profile cases, including one crime victim case involving charges of child molestation against a sitting state court judge in Delaware.
Firm partners, Jeff Laffey, Paul Bucci and Brian Kent, take great pride in representing individuals injured in accidents. For a free consultation, please call 800.220.7600.
*Disclaimer: The lawyers at Laffey, Bucci & Kent provide legal advice to individuals after accepting their case. No attorney-client relationship is created by this website. Nothing on this site is intended to provide legal advice. Because every case is unique, discussion of prior outcomes and settlements in past cases is no guarantee of a similar outcome in current or future cases.